Thursday, 9 January 2014

Blogging Meme

Thanks to Marcelle Natusch @MNatusch  who tagged me for this blogging meme!

The blogging task includes: 
 •Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
•Share 11 random facts about yourself
•Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
•List 11 bloggers.
•Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don't nominate a blogger who has nominated you. 

11 Random Facts!!!
1. I used to live in Upper Hutt in Wellington
2. I learnt ballet for 12 years
3. I did gymnastics for 6 years after which I coached for 5 years
4. I have 3 brothers
5. I have owned 2 gorgeous dogs that I loved to pieces but I don't spend enough time at home to own one now.
6. I love being creative - I dabble in embroidery, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing, etc etc
7. I did pottery at teacher's college in Wellington.  It was so cool!!
8. I was taught to play a ukulele and a guitar at T.Coll. but I actually can't play either.
9. I wish I had learnt to play the piano
10. My favourite colour at the moment is purple.
11. A random cat strolls through my house on occasion and I have named him Randall.  He's friendly but i wouldn't try picking him up!!

My Answers to Marcelle's Questions
  1. What do you love about the place you live? Please name where you live first....  Hamilton. I'd have to say the most important thing for me is the people I know here!
  2. What do you love teaching the most and why?  I love teaching literacy.  I love to see the children realise that they can do it and it opens a whole new world for them.
  3. What do you like doing in your spare time?  Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, Pinterest.  I don't believe I'm saying that!! I also read and enjoy going out for coffee with friends.  Doing stuff with my boys is cool when they are around.
  4. What is one thing you would like to change about the world?  At the moment, with what's in the news in Hamilton I would like to stop alcohol and drug abuse.  It is such an insidious problem that affects individuals and families in so many ways. 
  5. Your favourite part about the holidays, I mean non-contact time. ;)  Sleeping in and having time to do what I want.
  6. Name someone you admire. Jessie Hillel
  7. If you could be transported back in time when and where would you go?  I have no idea, I'm sorry.
  8. The first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word "chocolate".  Chocolate mousse
  9. Your favourite movie and why?  Chocolat because I watched it recently and was compelled to watch it to the end even though I'd seen it before.  I like Johnny Depp and its about chocolate.
  10. Name something that you wish you could do better. Manage my time!
  11. Something new you are going to try in your classroom this year. I want to set up a better daily 5 system and I want to have more fun learning activities.  I think I have moved too far away from developmental learning and there hasn't been enough hands on, experimentation and FUN!!!  for the class and the teacher.
I tag you  
@KateSmith99  @GLR_NZ  @tashmacinnes  @PethybridgeA  @kworkman401  @paularobertsnz  @reshmaph   @jaimehnew   @louise_003  @onemouse  @ColeTeo

Some Questions for You to Answer.
1. What is your favourite time of the day and why?
2. What was the last 'thing' (online or hard copy) you read?
3. How do you think NZ education could be improved - one idea only!?
4. Where would you like to take your class on a day class trip?
5. What do you like most about technology in the classroom?
6. Name three things you like to eat.
7. What is your favourite insect?
8. How often do you have to tidy your teaching space? (or is it always tidy?!?)
9. What movie would you recommend for others to watch?
10. Where do you like going out for dinner,/ coffee?
11. If you could spend 4 weeks anywhere in the world, at no expense to yourself, where would you go ( you can take a friend!)?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robyn
    Thanks to Marcelle, I have had the same challenge and I found it really difficult! I must say, your answers are quite succinct! I am a bit of a rambler! I wish you would 'dabble' as you put it a bit more in your arts... especially painting and drawing - you could do an exhibition one day!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete