Kia Ora
I made a very brave move last week and let the children in room 2 loose on our blog site. I raced round madly in the ICT suite checking computers. All children were in the right place so we went step by step through the process. They all virtually wrote the same thing then wrote their own secret code (for fun).
Well... that started something!! Parents have been on the site now because the children found it for them.
This week I put some photos on and the children wrote their sentence. The children must have gone straight home and talked about it because some parents had been on and commented before I even got home from school! It's very powerful. I think the computer savvy families can benefit from the blogs and I guess in time the others might become more interested. I must say - it is motivating for me, to see how excited the children are to be engaging in this activity. Some of my class have also taken their study ladder passwords home and they practise for homework. I'm really interested in the possibilities!!!
Fantastic!! Isn't that whole point of getting blogs going? So parents can interact and contribute to the learning that is taking place. Well done.
ReplyDeleteMarcus
Sounds wonderful and exciting Robyn! You are motivated and excited about your class blog and that then filters throught to the children.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear families are commenting on your blog! That's one of the benefits - the home/school link.