Monday, 2 April 2012

Reflection - end of term 1

I'm finding Twitter useful for finding people who have interesting websites!
I am following lots of people...
I have started a wikipage but have not found a use for it so it's just sitting in cyberspace.
I'm pleased with the learning my class have been doing on StudyLadder and also using microsoft word. They insert word art and clipart. They are starting to draw in Word and can change colours, line widths, rotate shapes and increase or decrease the size of the object without distorting the picture. They are very good at logging on and off and they know how to shut down correctly. The children like using the IWB for their learning. They love that we can quickly shut the curtains, turn off the lights and watch a quick youtube clip or National Geographic video to support their learning. They are all learning what the interwrite programme can do. My favourite action is using the duplicate tool and the children think it's magic that the shape or word keeps producing more and more and more!
I have recently taken a photo of each page in an old shared reader and downloaded them onto interwrite. I use the highlighter to highlight spoken words then the children identify the character who said it and create a speech bubble with the words in it. It worked for some kids who didn't understand speech. You can use it really effectively for expression, phrasing and intonation. I had highlighter lines going up at the end of questions etc to teach them how it should sound. They thought it was a lot of fun trying to follow my highlighted? highlit? directions! The list of ideas is endless...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rob
    thanks for sharing these great things you've been trialing in your class. I'm wondering if you have used your interactive whiteboard with specific teaching in group situations at all?
    If so, How have you done this?

    Thanks
    Myra

    ReplyDelete