Monday, 1 October 2012

ICT and written language

Thinking about ICT and Literacy.... Especially written language.  I want to be able to fast track some of my children to get them more confident with their writing.
Many issues are preventing them from writing -
  • difficulty thinking of an idea
  • unable to hold an idea in their head for long enough
  • difficulty with HRSW (don't know enough sounds)
  • need more basic word recognition
  • difficulty with fine motor skills - forming letters, staying on the line etc



I intend researching the difficulties and have found this website (American) that looks very interesting. It has Youtube video clips as well - Some holiday viewing and reading!

I have also downloaded Story bird for my class and had a go myself.  My story is still in the unpublished stage but I am amazed at the cool illustrations you can use 




AND the cool stories people have written. (Teachers and children).  I'm looking forward to this...


No comments:

Post a Comment