Sunday, 28 August 2011

Reflection week 4

Hooray! Everything seems to be working again. 
For the past week, I've been encouraging my student, Brendan to have a go on the IWB.  It makes you realise how hard it was when we were new to the concept.  Now I'm stuck with the need to leave my laptop in the classroom for the IWB, when I also need it for CRT or when I leave Brendan on full control.  I guess some people have already dealt with this.  I don't usually leave my laptop in the class room with a reliever, but should we be letting/encouraging relievers be ICT capable in our rooms??
Also ... I used a microsoft programme on my own laptop to make a video out of a set of photos. (Movie maker I think)  Really easy to do and I was pleased with the outcome. Check out room 2's blog to see KC Art club in action!

2 comments:

  1. I also found it hard to let go of my laptop and teaching station when I had a student teacher! I know how you feel!!
    It's great that you can teach others how to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reliever comment is an interesting one because everyone Wednesday when I have my release I usually need to use my laptop for something throughout the day so I take it with me. This then means that the teaching station isn't being used one day a week. With Joce being in my class every week it is a tool she could use just like I do but how do we get around both needing the laptop?? Do I return it to the class when I have finished all of my computer tasks??

    ReplyDelete